Newbie - Advice on this boat please

lee_2

Featured Posts

Good luck on the boat search. I was living in London and seeing my money go down the rent hole and searched to find a boat. 15 Years of hire cruising  around country experience  so Eventually I bought a project which was being sold via broker for probate so no chance to talk to previous owner but fell for the boat and if it’s not steel or engine work required it’s a easy change to do (eventually) I got a survey ( took three weeks ) and then bought it. This was December 5 years ago. Moved to marina in  the January, I live in a marina in London. It’s great and I’m paying half as much as I was to rent in London. I am paying about the same out each year but I’m investing in my boat. This is all my experience, marina life is great and safe, if the hull and engine are good and you have a heat source so your warm, woodwork, plumbing, electrics are all things to learn and in doing so you get a grasp of what is where, again I couldn’t ask the last owner but he did leave lots of receipts and photos. So keep looking and get a piece of paper and draw out your perfect layout and wish list. Then when you look at boats you can compare them to your dream boat idea. I spent first 6 months on camp bed with just fire for company, 5 years later and much gutting and woodwork if finally got a bathroom (it was my tool room for 4.5 years) I’ve got a double bed and saloon all done. Marina life meant I could totally rip out a room and have not bathroom for so long (thetford cartidge toilet in tool store). Good luck and keep positive, I saw so many stinker boats before I realised that I wouldn’t find my perfect boat but I could find the foundation. For reference I’ve got a 40ft cruiser stern, perfect 1 person boat. 

• Greenie 2