fradley jnc

Neildudman

Featured Posts

Hi all

Currently sitting outside the Swan Inn at Fradley Junction. 20c and sunny!.

Up here for business purposes and could not resist the opertunity to stop by.

What a great palce - its been on my list for ages. Deffo worth another visit.

NB Monarch is being cleaned in wet dock and plenty of Canaltime boats.

Must admit though, most people seem grumpy on the boats - maybe its the que for the locks ...

Oh well, back to the bar!. Here till 4.30 if anyone is local!.

Neil

Fradley Junction is one of my favourite canal places. We made this the most northerly point on our trip a couple of weeks ago. Turned in the junction and moored back on the Coventry. That day, all the boaters were very jolly. Great place to sit and watch the world go by.

Nowhere near but can empathise, and would join you if I could: Fradley Junction is a "special place" on the canal system: it has gone downhill but much more slowly than the rest of the world (including other iconic places such as Hawkesbury) and if you walk around the pool (some clever water storage device to stop the Coventry losing the T&M's water) you step even further away from the rest of the world.

Of course, I have rose tinted specs: Ripple was moored at Fradley Junction for the Middlewich Folk Festival (a long story) when Magpie Val and I got together, we'd only known each other 17 years... B)

Nowhere near but can empathise, and would join you if I could: Fradley Junction is a "special place" on the canal system: it has gone downhill but much more slowly than the rest of the world (including other iconic places such as Hawkesbury) and if you walk around the pool (some clever water storage device to stop the Coventry losing the T&M's water) you step even further away from the rest of the world.

Of course, I have rose tinted specs: Ripple was moored at Fradley Junction for the Middlewich Folk Festival (a long story) when Magpie Val and I got together, we'd only known each other 17 years... :cheers:

Love at first sight then B)

Doesn't matter how long it took to get together as long as you are both happy and long may it last.

Hi all

Currently sitting outside the Swan Inn at Fradley Junction. 20c and sunny!.

Up here for business purposes and could not resist the opertunity to stop by.

What a great place - its been on my list for ages. Deffo worth another visit.

NB Monarch is being cleaned in wet dock and plenty of Canaltime boats.

Must admit though, most people seem grumpy on the boats - maybe its the que for the locks ...

Oh well, back to the bar!. Here till 4.30 if anyone is local!.

Neil

Did you say Hi to Dave at Swan Line?

Ian

Love at first sight then B)

Doesn't matter how long it took to get together as long as you are both happy and long may it last.

Thanks Bottle! I'm very happy with Magpie Patrick, we've had lots more good times since Fradley Junction and I expect there's plenty more to come :cheers:

Matchpoint005.

Alas no, spent my time on the shores of the Swan and didnt venture any further... too much entertainment going on at the locks to move. Twas riviting!. At one point 8 boats were waiting to go down. I made a note to ones self that when coming through Fradley Junction, also go up hill towards to junction as its quieter!.

:) We too were at Fradley Junction a few weeks back, as previous members say, it can be a very entertaining place to visit. Monarch was on her usual mooring, but somehow looked different to how I remember her some years back. Now it my have been my second pint of Lager, but she appears shorter?

Doe's anybody know if she has had her hull reduced, by a good 10ft, I would guess?