Filter wrenches

Neil2

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Eeee! thems was the days, and didn't we all look funny trapsing off ter school with us shaved heads painted purple cos of the ringworm?

With regular visits from Nitty Nora the Bug Explorer. 

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Tomorrow I'm greasing the electric hood mechanism, I imagine I'll start by jacking the car up and removing the headlights.

:clapping::D:clapping:

3 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Eeee! thems was the days, and didn't we all look funny trapsing off ter school with us shaved heads painted purple cos of the ringworm?

I wish somebody had told me earlier about top access for servicing on cars. 

Last year I spent ages with a torch rolling around on the road underneath my Saab 93 convertible trying to figure out where the hell they'd hidden the oil filter.   I even looked in the boot before stomping my way indoor to whizz off an email to the successors of Saab promising them if they were to give me some You're Hot/You're Cold clues it would remain our secret.  I'd not breath a word to anyone else. 

Turned out I only had to remove the massive plastic doo-hicky that sits on top of the engine, and there it was about on line (height wise) with the air filter!

Tomorrow I'm greasing the electric hood mechanism, I imagine I'll start by jacking the car up and removing the headlights.

You have to do exactly that to top up the power steering fluid on our elderly Ford car :) (well one head light.)

18 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Halfords sell this one ….. for fifteen whacker'oonies.

However I bought on at Addled or it might have been Lidl'donkey and it cost me under a fiver.

I've got to say it's fantastic and has never failed me, I reckon I use it three or four times every week.

I've used it to open those stupid little jars of meat paste right up to odd shaped jars of Schninewartunfaffen SS Hot Dogs.

Dead good!

926543.jpg

But don't buy from Halfrauds. You'll pay through the nose!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASER-TOOLS-2830-Oil-Filter-REMOVAL-TOOL-Wrench-Band-65mm-105mm-knob-adjust/362704087446?epid=14030152947&hash=item5472d92996:g:SO0AAOSw0e9UuM9o

Same thing almost half the price.