So, it's Goodbye from Eugene?

MartinClark

Featured Posts

I now only have a wooden day boat, so I suppose that fits in at no 20, but as I would look up to the others but DOWN on GRP and inflatable day boats, unless I'm in my inflatable of course, so does that put me in a 19a catagory when I'm in the wooden boat?

Perhaps we should all put our catagory in our profile at the side

Edited by GRPCruiserman

I now only have a wooden day boat, so I suppose that fits in at no 20, but as I would look up to the others but DOWN on GRP and inflatable day boats, unless I'm in my inflatable of course, so does that put me in a 19a catagory when I'm in the wooden boat?

That's not the way the pecking order works, currently day boats are at 20, so you have to look up to everything from 19 upwards. but to bring this back on topic, you can look down on eugene.

Sigh, maybe we need an appeals process.

That's not the way the pecking order works, currently day boats are at 20, so you have to look up to everything from 19 upwards. but to bring this back on topic, you can look down on eugene.

Sigh, maybe we need an appeals process.

Perhaps we could start a petition to bring Eugene back. On the other hand with a bit of luck he'll come to work for the company I work for and that would be good for me.

I will, in future, look up to everyone in catagory 19 upwards, but I still look up to GRP and wooden (owned) day boats when I am in my inflatable, and down on GRP and inflatable (owned) day boats when I am in my wooden day boat. However, I do take on board what you say as I suppose the same situation will occur in other catagoroes, when, for example, a 45 foot Shiney owned Narrow Boat based in a marina meets a 70 foot Shiney owned Narrow Boat based in a marina, he will look up to him, and they fall in to the same catagory, so I suppose we can have sub catagories on a more or less infinate level.

I float corrected (as opposed to stand).

Best Wishes again Eugene (and apply to work at our place if you can!!).

I've never looked up to anyone, only across at them.

At school this was known as an 'attitude problem'.

Oh hang on at work it was known as an 'attitude problem', too, except when dealing with people outside whatever organisation I was working for.

The worst thing anyone could ever say to me is "I'd like to speak to your superior". Never had the dubious honour of meeting anyone matching that description, never will either.

Never looked down on anyone, either, except bigots, but they don't count.

Oh hang on at work it was known as an 'attitude problem', too, except when dealing with people outside whatever organisation I was working for.

Yes I have always taken it as a compliment when people comment "It's just his attitude" as has happened more than once. I always think, if that's the best they can come up with then I must be pretty damn good.

Edited by John Orentas

I've never looked up to anyone, only across at them.

The worst thing anyone could ever say to me is "I'd like to speak to your superior". Never had the dubious honour of meeting anyone matching that description, never will either.

Never looked down on anyone, either, except bigots, but they don't count.

I echo your sentiments entirely, I've always taught my children that they are no better than or no worse than anyone one else.

The worst thing anyone can say to me is "Do you KNOW who I am?" Last one who tried that was a titled bloke who lived not far from me, of course I knew who he was, I'd met him before but I still made him feel like a T*T for saying it!!!!!

Edited by allybsc

The ones that really annoyed me were the retired officers of her majesty's forces.

They always emphasised there ex rank and I always emphasised calling them mister.

B)

Yup! them as well, poor souls they can't let go of the past.

Colonel Allyson Proudfoot (Mrs) RTD.

Edited by allybsc

The ones that really annoyed me were the retired officers of her majesty's forces.

They always emphasised there ex rank and I always emphasised calling them mister.

:lol:

You may address me as:

SCPO Jason Wilson (USN-JROTC/'Retired') or CAPT Jason Wilson (USAF-JROTC/'Retired') :cheers:

Or you may simply call me wippersnapper. B)

Eugene, happy hunting for the next job.

Edited by Jason Wilson and Family

Perhaps going back to the 'Catagory' post, instead of catagories 1,2,3 etc, we could all have ranks; The Shiney Narrow Boat kept in a marina could be the 'Admiral of the Fleet', and the Argos Dinghy could be the 'Cabin Boy', I think as ex-Cat 20, that could make me about a Midshipman, or as I used to have a GRP Cruiser on a farm mooring, I could declare myself as a Secord Leuitenant (Retired) as I no longer have the boat, so does that make me:

Midshipman GRPCruiserman Scd Leuitenant (Rtd).

Perhaps when meeting others on the cut, instead of waving and saying 'good morning', it could be written in to the BW byelaws that the person of lower rank should salute the higher ranking boater after which the higher ranking boater will salute back.

When meeting a VERY shiney narrowboat with the name of the marina painted on the side under the owner's name, then a stand to attention would also be necessary.

Perhaps all BW employees could be issued with white hard hats with the BW logo printed on the front like military police so that you could identify them; Oh B) they already have, perhaps in my jest I have spoken a many true word.

The end has already started.

Eugene was just on BBC news 'Look East' in a piece about the sheer expense of being a narrowboater, particularly one with mooring fees. Best wishes to him for the future.

Ironic ??? Aye, my best wishes too.

Edited by GRPCruiserman