Morso gas heater won't light

real_vibes

Featured Posts

Hi all

My partner changed a gas bottle yesterday and we have have since not been able to relight our morco (Eco plus 6) gas heater.

I don't think there's any gas coming to the pilot when I prime it.

It's always worked well and we cleaned by a professional about a year ago.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Thanks all

It might just be the piezo ignition (if that's how you're trying to light it).

I've never had any luck with piezo ignition. It's unreliable crap and I can't understand why nobody's come up with a better way of producing a spark. Either there's no spark or the spark comes out in the wrong place for the pilot light. Even a cigarette lighter has a more reliable ignition system!

Anyway, I just use one of these to light the pilot light on my gas water heater. Works every time.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/400454882775?var=lv&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&lpid=66&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=66&ff19=0

If you try it and it works then at least you know there's nothing wrong with the gas system.

Edited by blackrose

Check the orange bottle hoses too to see if they're in date and in good nick, if they start to go inside any bits could end up inside the Morco pilot and block it.

When changing bottles it might not be a bad idea to use the cooker and make a cuppa first to hopefully flush any small debris out of the system and stop it reaching the Morco. Also when changing make sure the hoses aren't lifted up so any loose bits get into the reg.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~