How many coils dose my calorifier have?

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

There are a few films of sealed system failures on the net.

One shows a cylinder going from the ground floor out through the roof at great speed whilst the steam generated blows all the windows and some walls out of a 2 story house. alarming.

This is why a certificate and training for installers is mandatory for installations of this ilk in domestic premises, unfortunately not boats. They never expected them to be installed I suppose.

I am not party to H&SE figures for such events but one would be bad enough, I have resisted doing any such works all the time I have been working on boats. Always managed to find a safe gravity solution with a little compromise.

Sam.

Most boat systems I have seen have been vented with an open header tank, so hopefully the worst you get is superheated steam and scolding water flying about the boat.. IMO Fully pumped systems without  a gravity radiator are an accident waiting to happen

• Greenie 2

22 hours ago, Darrenroberts said:

Yeh I’ll defiantly need a pump as my burner is at the front and the tank at the back I’ll never get the rize.....also it’s horizontal lol. I’ve been looking at jabsco 12v circulation pumps, the plastic body ones but there not cheep £180! I was Gunnaput two small rads in two as a heat sink. So A new calorifier will wreck my budget lol 

And for that, I award you "word of the day" prize!!

And I might nick it....