Mikuni mx 40 timer

calon

Featured Posts

Hi folks,

So our (new to me) boat has a mikuni mx40 I've never had a diesel heater before so doing some research on here has taught me running it  for prolonged periods on a thermostat can cause it to cycle which can coke it up ,not so much of a problem as I'll be using solid fuel for the main heat source but it would be good to be able have the mikuni on a timer I'm thinking an hour or two before I get up etc when it's really cold  .  Currently my only control is the main switch and then a "drayton combistat" am I correct in thinking I can just replace the current thermostat with something like a "heatmiser slimline b " such as eBay no 302771572542 or is there  something else I can use?  

Thanks 

Yes we have something like that. Not the same model, but you just need to connect 2 wires together to get the mikuni to fire. We set the  high temperature high, so the thermostat doesn’t cycle, and turn it off when we are not there so the frost protection doesn’t kick in and cause cycling.

• 2 years later...