Satellite dish LNBF

Stilllearning

Featured Posts

We are in the process of reorganising the TVs in the house, and will need to change the existing LNBF single feed thing for a double feed thing. As you can tell, this is a subject I am a bit vague about. :) Can one just buy any old make of LNBF double splitter to stick on the dish? The dish has a Samsung LNBF atm.

Also, must it be an LNBF gizmo, or can it just be an LNB job?

10 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

All depends what boxes you have, sky requires one feed per box, sky+ requires 2 feeds per box, skyQ requires two feeds for the main box then each mini box connects via wifi.

How many boxes and which kind do you have?

We don’t have Sky, nor will we be getting it. We have a free sat box and may get a second for elsewhere in the house, so what I really need to know is about the LNB/LNBF gizmo, and interchangeability of makes. This is because a different mounting may make it tricky to point the thing at the dish.

Simple answer is yes, LNBs come in different diameters and only (easily) fit the bracket for which they are designed.  Furthermore, the brackets only fit certain types of dish arm. Find out what the diameter of the current LNB is and buy one the same. You probably won't need the bracket for mounting it on the feed arm. Nothing that can't be sorted with some bodgery, but not really worth it for something of such low value. Easiest solution might be to buy the dish with the LNB!

3 hours ago, Onewheeler said:

Simple answer is yes, LNBs come in different diameters and only (easily) fit the bracket for which they are designed.  Furthermore, the brackets only fit certain types of dish arm. Find out what the diameter of the current LNB is and buy one the same. You probably won't need the bracket for mounting it on the feed arm. Nothing that can't be sorted with some bodgery, but not really worth it for something of such low value. Easiest solution might be to buy the dish with the LNB!

Excellent and useful reply, many thanks. Much as expected, so I will perhaps remove the existing LNBF and take it with me to the shop.