Purton

Ray T

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, Ray T said:

@Alan Rose

There is a picture of Purton in BW colours on pages 22-23 of NarrowBoat Spring 2018.

Of interest?

These three images of PURTON and CAPELLA were recently for sale as slides via Ebay (no idea who owns copyright - and the first one is clearly back to front):

edit - period fleet lists suggest this is 1960 with this pair being operated by S. Beck.

5ac207407732e_PURTONandCAPELLAatCowroastc1960-inverted(_57-Ebayadvert).JPG.c13bfa8af3f8d6abbc026acb20591fab.JPG5ac20741f3698_PURTONandCAPELLAinCowroastc1960(_57-Ebayadvert)(2).JPG.038acdbf3e250662aa99d274d777dddf.JPG5ac2074322b94_PURTONandCAPELLAinCowroastc1960(_57-Ebayadvert).JPG.dfc0b2b09f281a4b5752d1ad0045fec1.JPG

Edited by pete harrison

Cow Roast, though I can't say I have ever really noted in photos that large building to the rear that is behind the bungalow on the non-towpath side in the reversed image.  I wonder when that was demolished?

I wonder if these are contemporary with that whole batch of slides being sold a while back with BW many loaded pairs held above Cow Roast?

7 minutes ago, archie57 said:

It had acquired a plywood cabin by this time . Also note the way fleet number is painted on engine room side - don't recall seeing this before........

Possibly during its docking in 1957 (no specific date available to me at this time) :captain: