rubbish Shurflo pumps

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

I paid @ 35 Quids for an Italian made remote Pressure Switch around 15 Years ago.and it does indeed Trigger a Relay.another advantage is that it can be adjusted to suit a boat's Plumbing.The System runs at 18 PSI ,never quite sure why people run them at 50 PSI.

Yes, the inbuilt ones don't seem fit for purpose. I fitted a square d type one about 5 years back, still looks new. 

I'm not sure I would get away with 18 psi, but 50 would kill my ancient paloma. 

Edited by rusty69

Whilst on the subject of Shurflo pumps does anyone know the correct procedure for adjusting them. Mine (Aqua King 30psi) has two grub screws, one on the pressure switch and the other on what I think is the bypass. A 1.5mm allen key is needed to turn them. The one I fitted recently just kept cycling until I turned the 'bypass' adjuster half a turn anti-clockwise. Turning the pressure switch didn't seem to do anything.