CRT Renewal reminders not going out

Burton Hastings

Featured Posts

CRT just mailed me to acknowledge that a print batch of approx. 40 mooring renewal reminders didn't go out for renewals due in September. This was following my query.

In fairness to them, there was no dispute, I raised it following getting the final invoice and realising it was too late to take advantage of the early payment discount. They looked into it and came back with the news that there had been a problem with a printer - and they've had queries from other affected licensees.

If you're one of those affected, you should email waterside.mooring-enquiries@canalrivertrust.org.uk

I just wonder what a vegetative state we will be in, in another generation.

How is it that we cannot take responsibility for own lives, why must we rely on others to remind us to do things ?

Never heard of a diary, or even a reminder / alarm on your PC / phone ?

Surely every day you are on the boat you pass by the licence 'disc'.

Unbelievable !

• Greenie 1

54 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

How is it that we cannot take responsibility for own lives, why must we rely on others to remind us to do things ?

Unbelievable !

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Unbelievable !

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Agreed.

Unfortunately not everyone is as awesome as you two.

Most of us can only afford boats that are no more than 7' wide. Some folk even have to get out of bed for less than £20k a year.

Take pity on us; don't mock.

JP

1 hour ago, Captain Pegg said:

Unfortunately not everyone is as awesome as you two.

Most of us can only afford boats that are no more than 7' wide. Some folk even have to get out of bed for less than £20k a year.

Take pity on us; don't mock.

JP

Apologies - I had not realised that a 'small boat' equated to having a 'small memory' or being unable to write something down to remind you of a necessary action, how do you manage to remember to refuel your boat, or do you just wait until the engine stops ?

18 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Apologies - I had not realised that a 'small boat' equated to having a 'small memory' or being unable to write something down to remind you of a necessary action, how do you manage to remember to refuel your boat, or do you just wait until the engine stops ?

Yeah. I don't have a fuel gauge so no idea how else I would know.

I was worried the boat would sink when the engine stopped but it turns out they aren't like aeroplanes. Which was nice.

JP