What's the latest thinking on toilet tank treatments?

Froggy

What treatment do you put in your pumpout toilet?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What treatment do you put in your pumpout toilet?

• Elsan Blue
    • Odorlos
    • Other proprietary non-bio product
    • Other proprietary bio product
    • Washing Machine detergent
    • Other
    • Nothing

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Read what the contents are, they should be printed on the container.  From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_Duck#Ingredients

Thanks for this. It looks relatively harmless, but i'm no expert.....  I think though, having reconsidered, it would make sense seeking out some bio rim cleaner if we are going to change over to a bio tank treatment.

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Thanks for this. It looks relatively harmless, but i'm no expert.....  I think though, having reconsidered, it would make sense seeking out some bio rim cleaner if we are going to change over to a bio tank treatment.

I put some of my 'industrial' bio liquid in the pan and stirred it around with the loo brush. I was amazed that it cleaned the pan and ball-thingy without any effort. So see if yours does the same.

34 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

I put some of my 'industrial' bio liquid in the pan and stirred it around with the loo brush. I was amazed that it cleaned the pan and ball-thingy without any effort. So see if yours does the same.

We haven't decided which product to go for yet (no point until we have our next pumpout, which is imminent), but i will certainly try your suggestion. Since we have a separate tank for flush water we could probably also add a bio product directly to this tank.