Boating Holidays in France

Dave Hannigan

Featured Posts

We are considering a boating holiday in France next July. Having never been out of the country before any advice on places & companies to hire from would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave & Carol

I'd grab a hoseasons catalogue. They've been running boating holidays in france for donkeys years:

hoseasons clicky

I can think of a couple of hire companies where I come from, but have no personnal experience of their services. All I can say is the area is very nice, not overcrowded, easily accessible by car from the UK and very tourist friendly.

http://www.crisboat.com/pages/accueilpag.html

Bretagne Plaisance

Quai Jean Bart

35600 Redon

Tél : 02 99 72 15 80

Fax : 02 99 72 29 56

Email : binfo@bretagne-plaisance.fr

Site : http://www.bretagne-plaisance.fr

most site dont seem to offer english language versions which is a bit of a shame given the industry. Give me a shout by pm if you are too lost or if babelfish does not make sense.

I can probably help you out on general questions, how to get there and stuff...

Thanks for replys

Carlt- thanks for hoseasons but first boating holiday ever was booked through them and came very close to putting us off boating for life, so as long as I have a choice they will never get another penny of my hard-earned(typed carefully to avoid lots of swear words despite it being 5 years ago)

Will check out the others over the week-end

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

We have used Connoisseur & Crown Blue Line before in France and would use either again.

They are very professional and helpful if booking direct (this avoids speaking to Hoseasons who also book for connoisseur if you have a personal preference against them - though they've always done me well), and the base staff are also very good, and the team normally include British people, so communication is never a problem.

www.crownblueline.com

www.connoisseurafloat.com

Hope you give it a go... we loved it.

Dan