Black Country Ring

cecilia evans

Featured Posts

Hi, This is my first posting although I have been looking at the forum for a time now as we had to wait a year for our boat and have had lots of problems with it since. However we are now off on our first cruise doing the Black Country Ring. As we are both fairly inexperienced we would be very grateful any members give us any tips and advice especially on places to moor or not to moor. We have found the forum really helpful especially while our boat was being built.

The centre of birmingham is fine, never had any problems. The BCM museum is also good (dont moor just outside of it near tipton though). The Waterfront area near Merry Hill Shopping centre is fine, but avoid weekends if you dont like noise!

Thanks very much for the info. If anyone has ideas on good pubs to stop at we would be grateful. We're off Monday week so hope the weather has had time to get better although I'm sure we'll have a good time anyway

If it is good ale you are after then in Wolverhampton it has to be The Great Western and in Birmingham, The Prince of Wales.