Visitor Moorings In Lincoln

gralyn

Featured Posts

There are a few visitor moorings just before entering the Brayford on the right hand side, when approaching from Saxilby. There are no visitor moorings that I am aware of in the Brayford at the moment. I don't know about the Water Festival.

There are a few visitor moorings just before entering the Brayford on the right hand side, when approaching from Saxilby. There are no visitor moorings that I am aware of in the Brayford at the moment. I don't know about the Water Festival.

Thanks for that Supermalc, I almost knew you would be first to reply. When is the Water Festival?. I intend to arrive in Lincoln in late July, stay for a few days whilst we visit rellys in the area and the set off for home.

We stopped on those visitor moorings for a short while a couple of years ago, they were fine but we much preferred to travel a mile or so out of town and moor outside the Pyewipe. If the rellies have got transport that could be a good alternative

Allan

We stopped on those visitor moorings for a short while a couple of years ago, they were fine but we much preferred to travel a mile or so out of town and moor outside the Pyewipe. If the rellies have got transport that could be a good alternative

Allan

Thanks I had not though of that. Athough it would mean that we are already kna****ed before we start a walk up "The Steep".

Just tried to find out about the Water Festival and.......nowt. Usually 1/3rd weekend in July (I think). A long long long time ago, when I was first in Lincoln (1980 or 81 I think) I actually took part in the water festival in the raft race. I had a cine camera, with some footage of me in the water, in a life jacket, but lost the film soon afterwards.

I would strongly agree with Allan, moor at the Pyewipe, at least for starters. Oh, sily me.......of course the marina do moorings just in the Brayford. I don't know how much per night, or what the situation is at the minute as I have heard it has been sold back to the original owners i.e. Burton Waters.

There are big changes afoot. New moorings, 70% increased charges, a new long term lease for the Brayford Trust, although the pool does in fact belong to the Council.

Just tried to find out about the Water Festival and.......nowt. Usually 1/3rd weekend in July (I think). A long long long time ago, when I was first in Lincoln (1980 or 81 I think) I actually took part in the water festival in the raft race. I had a cine camera, with some footage of me in the water, in a life jacket, but lost the film soon afterwards.

I would strongly agree with Allan, moor at the Pyewipe, at least for starters. Oh, sily me.......of course the marina do moorings just in the Brayford. I don't know how much per night, or what the situation is at the minute as I have heard it has been sold back to the original owners i.e. Burton Waters.

There are big changes afoot. New moorings, 70% increased charges, a new long term lease for the Brayford Trust, although the pool does in fact belong to the Council.

The water festival is, I believe, on Saturday 21st July from 12 noon - 10.30pm and Sunday 22nd July from 12 noon to 5pm. Some kind of replica of a tall ship going to be there but before all get too excited it's arriving by road and will be craned it!

The visitor moorings just to the west of the Brayford by the uni are a bit congested. Some NB moorings on the south side of the Brayford have been closed off ( due to building work??) and the usual occupants moved to moor by the marina, under the road bridge and on the visitor moorings.

Went to the Pyewipe a week ago - really good meal. Bit pricey but good.

Chris

The water festival is, I believe, on Saturday 21st July from 12 noon - 10.30pm and Sunday 22nd July from 12 noon to 5pm. Some kind of replica of a tall ship going to be there but before all get too excited it's arriving by road and will be craned it!

The visitor moorings just to the west of the Brayford by the uni are a bit congested. Some NB moorings on the south side of the Brayford have been closed off ( due to building work??) and the usual occupants moved to moor by the marina, under the road bridge and on the visitor moorings.

Went to the Pyewipe a week ago - really good meal. Bit pricey but good.

Chris

Looks like the weekend we are due to arrive. Is it worth attending or should I hold back and arrive the Monday after it is all over?.

Looks like the weekend we are due to arrive. Is it worth attending or should I hold back and arrive the Monday after it is all over?.

I've never been so don't know. I imagine it'll be quite fun but mooring might be difficult. You could always try mooring up just to the east of the Glory Hole outside the Waterside shopping centre and consider moving down to the visitor moorings at Washingborough ( on the Witham about 3 miles east of Stamp End Lock ) if it seems noisy in the evening.

See

https://www.lincoln.gov.uk/Information_page...amp;sec_id=1221

for info about the festival

Chris

We too are hoping to visit Lincoln sometime in July. Do they make provisions for extra moorings during the festival or is it first come first served?

Sorry I dont know but you could call the City Council and ask - 01522 881188

Chris

Went to LBC last night.......west end (where the visitor moorings were) is completely empty.

The short space for BW short term moorings (2 NBs fill it, I suppose why they are so hated around here by most) are full, as are the spaces nearby, under the bridge etc. etc.

So basically there is nowhere to moor overnight in or around the Brayford. I would suggest it would be a brave person to moor on the Witham passing through Lincoln overnight. Brilliant and no trouble in the daytime.

However, the pubs, Pyewipe and ?????? (sorry forget name) next to Burton Waters, plus of course Burton Waters are a relative short cruise east, and Washingborough just half an hour (plus Stamp End lock) west.

That's the situation in Lincoln at the present, although if they plan to put some very temporary type mooring up for the Water Festival, I don't know.

That's the situation in Lincoln at the present, although if they plan to put some very temporary type mooring up for the Water Festival, I don't know.

Thanks Supermalc, at least we know what the situation is now. We will still be coming. Will you be around that weekend you can guide me to the best pubs, Haven't spent much time in Lincoln since the early 60s when I was at Scampton and Swinderby with a short spell in a flat in Swanpool.

I'm usually around somewhere Graham, however I rarely plan things, especially nowadays. But of course I'm always happy to meet up. I hope you plan a trip to Boston while you are here, and I can most likely accompany you with my boat if you like......at least some of the way.

Phone me when you get on the Fosse anyway 077997 43920, or txt me.

Malc.