Searching for a small narrowboat (under 32ft)

larrysanders

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Neil2 said:

I've always understood it's to do with the disproportionate effect on average density (compared to a large boat).  Which means overplating is likely to pull a short boat down in the water to a greater extent.  I don't know the physics but it always seems to really kick in with anything 30 foot and under, depending on the extent of of the plating.

Some years ago I looked at a 30 footer that had been overplated.  The water level in the weed hatch was barely 1/2" from the top.  

Thanks for your reply.

I have a 32 ft narrowboat with a honda 20 outboard, it makes it highly manouverable. A joy to reverse. I fitted a high thrust prop, for slower and heavier boats (compared to a rib etc).  As for electrickery to charge the battery, if I run for a few hours it puts out a decent amount, I have all led lights, I am going to fit solar too, then there will be no problems.