Thefts from boats on the Macc

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:53, Neil2 said:

Behind bars...

Anyone for any more.?

Well I would be a bit crotchety if a noted criminal staved in the door of my boat and waltzed off with my valuables.  He should be drummed out of the area and made to atone for his actions.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Gareth E said:

I have a winter mooring at Whiteley Green. I came back from 2 months abroad this morning to hear that over the weekend someone had moved my boat 2 bridges and turned it round. I presume it must have been towed? My parents received a call from CRT saying my boat was blocking the canal as whoever moved it just abandoned it. The boat wasn't broken into or the engine started. Fortunately a couple of local boaters moved it back to Whiteley Green and tied it up. All that was missing was the front mooring rope.

Very strange. I wonder if there's a connection between this and the break ins on the lower Macc?

Yours is not the one with the tent on it that's been tied up on the offside by hall green stop lock is it?

2 hours ago, junior said:

Yours is not the one with the tent on it that's been tied up on the offside by hall green stop lock is it?

Won't be - Whitely Green is north of Macclesfield. The one with a tent on is an oddity, though, isn't it? No licence showing, for what it's worth and I can't believe it's a legitimate mooring.