HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Janet S

Featured Posts

They will have finished their epic excursion before it arrives ^_^

It might be nice to complete the set, but what's the chance of us getting Oop Norf beyond Book 4?

From the S&W?

It isn't that much of a run to the Macc, which is the first canal that you would want book 5 for, and you'd love the Macc

Tuesday, 8.25pm:

“Still cruising. Heading to Allerton Bywater on Aire & Clader Navigation for the evening. Left Bingley top lock at 8 this morning. No trouble in bandit country through Leeds. Lovely day. Janet”.

Mole, 9pm:

“4cast dry 4 rest of week, but Lynn says we could be ‘doing a Janet’ as we're away” (note to self: not applied for Permit to Abscond yet, must tell Fridaaay gang) “and rain's coming back”.

Tuesday, 11.15pm:

“Moored up at 9pm. Dinner eaten. Wine finished, cheese & biscuits done, so coffee & whisky on deck now, then fall into bed. Another 7am start in the morning. No complaints though. Had a fabulous few days since the rain stopped. Janet”.

Tuesday, 11.15pm:

“Moored up at 9pm. Dinner eaten. Wine finished, cheese & biscuits done, so coffee & whisky on deck now, then fall into bed. Another 7am start in the morning. No complaints though. Had a fabulous few days since the rain stopped. Janet”.

Sounds like a brilliant trip, I'm soooo envious, glad they are enjoying themselves.

Wednesday, 9.30pm:

“Just moored up in Brighouse Basin. Bit late after getting totally grounded in very low lock pound. I'm ready for my Guinness now! Janet”.

Wednesday, 11.20pm:

“Will be back at hire base before lunch tomorrow, a full day & a half ahead of schedule. Planning on extra day through Tuel Lane lock & up to Hebden Bridge. Absolutely knackered, but still loving it. Don't want to hand boat back. Janet”.

Mole, 11.25pm:

“Keep it, it's only a little'un, I don't supose they'll miss it. Will u call in @ hire base, show them u don't even need 2 weeks for that ring, never mind 3?”.

Thursday, 7.50am:

“Setting off shortly. Hope to be going through Tuel Lane Lock by lunch. Deepest lock in the country. We think Hebden Bridge for tonight, but may, just may get to Todmorden. Weather overcast but warm. Face peeling with too much sun! Treated myself to Tilley hat to protect against sunstroke!. Janet”.

.... and another, Thursday, 12.55pm:

Nobber, pay attention now... Hebden Bridge .... okay?

“Just approaching base, almost two days ahead of schedule. Should be moored in Hebden Bridge tonight. Will put flag out again for beeeer run!”

Have a great time.

Been meaning to ask what engine do the Shire boats have in, we can hear them a mile off !

Old Lister's SR2s and 3s, very cheap on fuel they say. Smokey too, but they will get some hammer. I've hired twice from them in the past, top outfit, and very smartly painted boats, lovely high gloss finish on the cabin roof.

Edited by Matthew Dowson

what engine do the Shire boats have in, we can hear them a mile off !

You should try being on board! Not the quietest of engines, but they certainly perform well.

As for Shire being a top outfit - we can certainly vouch for that, after just completing our second trip with them. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to hire up here in the North. I doubt you'd find a better company, and their customer service is second to none. They have been unfailingly patient and helpful whilst we were stressing out about the stoppage on the Rochdale and wondering which route to do.

Susan and Nigel - many thanks! We had a wonderful time.

Janet