Fire retardant Board

StoneHenge

Featured Posts

We have come on leaps and bounds with the galley fit out and will shortly be ready to tile around the cooker and sink.

However we can't find the heat resistant/flame retardent sheeting to put down the side of the cooker to protect the wood bulk head.

We have tried the local B&Q, and all they have is concrete board, which I don't know if it's the same sort of thing, or as safe to use.

We also saw some 'aquaboard' which is apparently waterproof which will be useful for behind the sink which can be tiled on, but is this also heat safe, as it will go at the back where the cooker is?

Any tips, where to get, and what would be appreciated as always.

We have come on leaps and bounds with the galley fit out and will shortly be ready to tile around the cooker and sink.

However we can't find the heat resistant/flame retardent sheeting to put down the side of the cooker to protect the wood bulk head.

We have tried the local B&Q, and all they have is concrete board, which I don't know if it's the same sort of thing, or as safe to use.

We also saw some 'aquaboard' which is apparently waterproof which will be useful for behind the sink which can be tiled on, but is this also heat safe, as it will go at the back where the cooker is?

Any tips, where to get, and what would be appreciated as always.

Often called "superlux" and available from some builders merchants

Thanks appreciate the advice. We will go hunt down some merchants! We tried the B&Q depot who did absbestoux, so that's one place

We will certainly use the aquaboard now I know it's OK to use. We will be tiling round the cooker and sink, so it should be good protection all round.

Cheers as always.

• 2 months later...

I'm really struggling to track down Masterboard or Supalux.

I live in London and have had no luck at any B&Qs.

Builders Merchants and Travis Perkins have said that they can order Masterboard for me but it will be at least £50 a sheet.

Someone posted on here that they got theirs for £6!

Anybody found any for a reasonable price in London?

Thanks