Sailing?

churchward

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

They look quite nippy.

I got back into dinghy sailing last year. Decided I didn't want a Laser and couldn't get a Solo on the roof rack.Decided to get a Europe in the end. Great little boat,but think I may be a bit old for it.

They can be with the right crew.  They however are supposed to be a newer design of something like a GP14.  Stable, good for novices but can be sailed quickly if you want.  It can be single handed with a reefing main and furling jib.  Its good fun but won't dump you in the water if you get it wrong, well, most of the time.  It's a lot of fun and works for me. It can be raced but is not as fast as similar sized boats as it does not have as large a sail area compared to real racers. One of the features I really like is that the boom is a little higher than some boats and I find it easier to duck under.

8 minutes ago, churchward said:

One of the features I really like is that the boom is a little higher than some boats and I find it easier to duck under.

Thats the mistake I made with my Europe. I guess it was designed for youngsters.At 6 foot 3 I find it a bit challenging.