Fishing only no mooring

Fat Boat

Featured Posts

I'm told that the chains/rings were reinstated at Marsworth services late August can anyone confirm?

I was told a lot later than late August by South East Waterways themselves that they still had not been.

However "Fat Boat" is a local moorer, perhaps he can confirm the situation one way or the other, please?

I was told a lot later than late August by South East Waterways themselves that they still had not been.

However "Fat Boat" is a local moorer, perhaps he can confirm the situation one way or the other, please?

As usual confusion reigns I was told by CRT this evening that it was done in August. Guess we need eyes on the ground.

A fellow boater has had a look this morning. The chains have not been replaced but there are rings in front of the services enabling one boat to moor to use them. There are no rings behind so no queuing however about 20M further back there are rings in front of the old crane enabling a bat to wait there if they were aware of them.

A fellow boater has had a look this morning. The chains have not been replaced but there are rings in front of the services enabling one boat to moor to use them. There are no rings behind so no queuing however about 20M further back there are rings in front of the old crane enabling a bat to wait there if they were aware of them.

As usual confusion reigns I was told by CRT this evening that it was done in August. Guess we need eyes on the ground.

So are you now going to ask the "someone from CRT" for an explanation why they said the chains are reinstated, when in fact they are not?

So are you now going to ask the "someone from CRT" for an explanation why they said the chains are reinstated, when in fact they are not?

It would appear that the summary of the SE Consultation only talked about the rings being reinstated not the chains. Were you advised differently?

It would appear that the summary of the SE Consultation only talked about the rings being reinstated not the chains. Were you advised differently?

????

I don't think any rings were ever removed, only chains.

Maybe someone hasn't accurately described what was taken out, (I've not gone looking now for any old materials).

From your comments, I thought someone was telling you at least something had been reinstated at some point? It sounds like nothing ever has been, so I'm interested why anybody has claimed it has?

????

I don't think any rings were ever removed, only chains.

Maybe someone hasn't accurately described what was taken out, (I've not gone looking now for any old materials).

From your comments, I thought someone was telling you at least something had been reinstated at some point? It sounds like nothing ever has been, so I'm interested why anybody has claimed it has?

Yes you are quite right I got my rings and chains the wrong way round. The chains have not been replaced.

This from the Consultation summary

"Following further analysis of boat sighting information (see separate report) and considering the responses to the consultation, the proposed 2 day short-stay day will not be introduced. Mooring Page 4 of 11 chains are to be reinstated beside the CSF; and reinstating signage on the section of canal from the Aylesbury Arm junction to Bridge 131 to highlight angling and no mooring zones."

I'll double check tonight when i get home

the 3 rings in front of the elsen were never removed

I dont recall there ever being rings by the crane but there used to be chains

Will check on that as well

I think I may well have been moored up next to the no longer present "No Mooring" sign when I took this one though.

Chalice_Opposite_Marsworth_Yard.jpg

It all looks very different now, of course!

Yep thats the spot, the big bollard on this side is pretty much in the middle of the no mooring zone

had a quick look this morning from the other side of the canal and there are 4 rings between the end of the new houses upto the old BW office past the crane, i was running a bit late this morning so will have a closer look at the weekend

That does leave a gap infront of 3 of the houses but with their decking the walkway is quite small

Must of happened when i was away for a few weeks but at least it has happened