morco D-51B

b0atman

Featured Posts

Need someone to do repair

ignition not clicking as plate behind circlip loose

pilot lights but goes out when releasing knob pressure suspect thermocouple

at present Congleton on Macclesfield heading east to upper peak forest.

Urgent please.

The regulator valve is leaking on the one in our butty, can't find a replacement for early models, thought about replacing it with one of the Chinese stainless steel ones but a safety examiner said it would have to be matched to the flue. There are many different models some are marked GPM, some are marked in bar. What GPM/bar does the Morco put out?

Need someone to do repair

at present Congleton on Macclesfield heading east to upper peak forest.

Urgent please.

On ours it is a pietzo type ignition, these are usually very reliable, have you tried cleaning the tip and the burner adjacent to it?

Hope you get it fixed.

These are two separate problems, probably.

Quickest way to fix is buy a new Morco. Finding someone to visit, diagnose, order parts, then visit again to fit them whist hoping they've ordered the right parts is likely to cost almost as much as scrapping it and fitting a new one.

A new one will, I believe, be a straight swap with all the pipes and the flue connection lining up correctly.

A new one will, I believe, be a straight swap with all the pipes and the flue connection lining up correctly.

The flue size on a new Morco D61 is sightly large than on the older D51 model. (90mm for D61, only [i think!] 84mm or 85mm for D51).

I can't remember exactly what that means in practical terms, but I think possibly my D51 had some kind of adaptor collar that then had to be removed when I went to a D61. I think that then probably meant existing flue tube needed to be lowered slightly to take up the space where the adaptor no longer was.

I may be remembering wrong though - it is several years since I swapped one over.

I agree though that replacement is the best option if you are not able to repair a D51 yourself. For a start there were some 5 (or so) models of the D51 over the years, and many of the parts were not standard between all models. For the older D51 models many of the parts were showing as unavailable even about 5 years ago.