Beds..............well mattresses

heraboard

Featured Posts

Having been liveaboard for 5 weeks, we are more than ready to change the mattress that came with the boat and alter the way round we sleep, we have a cross bed (not sure it right term). Current set up is causing issues due to himaboard being over 6foot and sleeping across only gives 5 foot 8 inches. and the join in current mattress falls unde my knees, annoying the hell out me at night.

Thankfully I was sitting down when I saw the prices of twin mattresses to fit, ( himaboard likes soft and I prefer something firmer) (behave!!!!!!)

Any recommendations welcomed, and naturally those who have show rooms or are coming to a canal event in the midlands would be great as really need to try them

Many thanks in advance

Liz

Edited by heraboard

Having been liveaboard for 5 weeks, we are more than ready to change the mattress that came with the boat and alter the way round we sleep, we have a cross bed (not sure it right term). Current set up is causing issues due to himaboard being over 6foot and sleeping across only gives 5 foot 8 inches. and the join in current mattress falls unde my knees, annoying the hell out me at night.

Thankfully I was sitting down when I saw the prices of twin mattresses to fit, ( himaboard likes soft and I prefer something firmer) (behave!!!!!!)

Any recommendations welcomed, and naturally those who have show rooms or are coming to a canal event in the midlands would be great as really need to try them

Many thanks in advance

Liz

The previous occupants fitted across nicely.

We have a Latex orthopaedic mattress on the boat, we like it so much we have one at home as well

The previous occupants fitted across nicely.

We have a Latex orthopaedic mattress on the boat, we like it so much we have one at home as well

Similarly-ish

We bought a foam Ikea mattress with a latex component on top. Quite firm. I built a frame that lets the mattress sit just under the gunwale, with plenty of storage beneath. The bed necessarily runs lengthways.

If you want a mattress to fit on a budget, consider foam-type, perhaps with a single latex topper for the other person. Foam mattresses can be cut with a saw, and the covers remade.

If he's over six feet, will you be adding tracks in the ceiling for him to stick his head into?

I'm also looking for a new mattress for my "king size" cross bed. I don't think the current one was designed for liveaboard use. Anyone recommend anyone who sells them at a reasonable price?

That is why we used a latex one. Took the cover off, cut into three sections so it can be folded away and then recovered. It is a very tight fit across the boat so no gaps between the sections when you sleep on it. Our one for home came from http://www.bestpricebeds.co.uk/ as they are near us, but if you do a search on google then you get http://beds.co.uk/ who are Birmingham

Edited by ditchcrawler