Delete post in a forum

Featured Posts

New username because it's obvious if you asked in the same name as the post was made in we would all check out why they want them deleted.

Same person? Same post in question? One request has started a trend?

I dunno.

JP

Please can you advise me how I delete a post on here? Many thanks.

You make a post on an internet forum, and it goes "public" so that everyone can see it and respond to it etc. There is no reason to delete it (its already gone public after all) and good reasons not to delete it - for example others may have responded to it, and deleting the original post makes their subsequent posts nonsensical. Posts can't be "deleted" by normal members, but a moderator can do it with good reason (not just, because you want it deleted though). However in 48h from the post, it can be edited.

I can't see any genuine reason your previous posts need deleting. Its not like there's any personal info in them, or its contentious etc.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=66725????????

Genuine error led to us setting up 2 profiles Captain Pegg and yes personal details were included namely the name of the boat and our name. Enough to cause us to have a prospective buyer drop out so I would like the post removed. You are a moderator?

with good reason (not just, because you want it deleted though).

I can't see any genuine reason your previous posts need deleting.

As far as I am concerned the poster wanting the post deleted is a good reason and a genuine reason and all the reason needed.

Often in threads people are advised not to make assumptions or jump to conclusions. It isn't anybody's business why a poster wants a post removed and in my view it would be rather nasty and impolite to refuse to do so.