Liverpool Campaign Rally

Pluto

Featured Posts

A couple of photos of the very successful IWA Campaign Rally at the Eldonian in Liverpool. We had 1250 visitors on Kennet over the weekend, and it was noticeable that many were local families, with questions showing their interest in the canal.

gallery_6938_1_28822.jpg

Kennet on Thursday, with Anna alongside, currently for sale.

gallery_6938_1_26671.jpg

• Greenie 1

Nice Photos.

Mike, i heard you are doing a talk at Burscough on Friday night. Is this the same thing as is titled 'History Walk' in the programme of events?

No, I think they are doing guided walks along the towpath, and/or possibly in the town. There are many boatmen's houses still identifiable in the town and at the bridges on either side, along with the dock and housing at Top Locks, and the former workshops at Briers Mill; and not forgetting the manure wharves at every bridge! I would suggest that Burscough has more historic canal structures than any other boatmen's community, but I may be a bit biased, though not necessarily untruthful.

Edited to add that my talk on the canal's history is in the Stanley Institute on Friday night.

Edited by Pluto