EE Deal Sim only £12.99 month

snappyfish

Featured Posts

Hi,

Might be of interest for anyone?

EE Sim only Deal

Nice little SIMO offer. double speed 4G Data, unltd mins / texts and £60 pre-paid mastercard

£17.99 x 12 = £215.88 - £60 card = £155.88 which is £12.99pm at 12 months

Discount should apply at basket, if not use code AWCASH60 at checkout for £60 card

Extra Plan - double speed 4G
5 GB data
Unlimited text messages
Unlimited minutes
12 months plan
Use your minutes and texts in the EU

New customers only
Cash card will be distributed via post within 3 months once the SIM has been connected
All queries for missing vouchers must be made within 6 months of sale, queries past this date cannot be looked into
EE standard network T&Cs apply
Pre-paid cash cards are not eligible for redemption via telephone sales
Cashback is excluded from this offer

• 2 weeks later...

Unlimited data is a BIG ask.

It is but if they can provide a service on a par in terms of performance and cost with a fixed line, i.e. ADSL/FTTC (broadband) imagine the potential interest they would generate as a result. Residential users would no longer need to bother with line rental and could use a MiFI service for all their internet needs. I think this has the potential to be lucrative for network operators so I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in the not too distant future and if I'm right it will benefit us boaters too. One of the main limiting factors at the moment is network congestion which is entirely down to infrastructure, something which can and will be improved over time.

EE are already offering 64gb data (p/m) for existing customers for £28 a month on a 12 month contract. (not on their website I don't think) which has come a long way from the plans we had available some 2-3 years ago where most data only plans had data limits between 2-5GB.

Edited by Armitage Shanks

Unlimited data is a BIG ask.

Agree. The others have obviously been watching the industry sector, and are well aware that Three got burnt by offering their unlimited + tethering plan, only later to have to cancel or convert contracts onto a limited (tethering) data plan. Maybe one day, but at the moment there's no incentive for the mobile operators to try compete with landline broadband providers.

The cost of providing mobile internet is about an order of magnitude over that of landline, so I think unlimited data over mobile is still a long way off.

It doesn't help that each time the data providers increase bandwidth those providing content find ways to use it up, for example 4k TV will need loads od bandwidth to broadcast.