BSS Examiner on my route anyone?

Featured Posts

The earliest date for my next BSS is late May (2 months before expiry of current certification). By that time we'll be going up the Birmingham and Worcester, through Brum and Wolverhampton, and heading up the Shroppie towards Chester. Since we'll be moving most days until the BSS runs out in July, can anyone recommend someone along the way? An idea of price for a 57' modern trad would be handy too. Many thanks.

Can't recommend anyone on you route but check the boatsafteyscheme.org site which gives you a list by county of bss examiners.

We have just been quoted £160 for ours on a 57ft.

Edited by Suzie_q

Can't recommend anyone on you route but check the boatsafteyscheme.org site which gives you a list by county of bss examiners.

We have just been quoted £160 for ours on a 57ft.

Thanks for the response, SQ. I've seen the website thing, but there's nowt like a personal recommend to help find a good 'un. Price info very useful too, thanks.

We've used David Struckett who is at Stourport, not far from the Worcester end of your trip.

Many thanks David. Stourport is a bit off the planned route, but I could go up the Severn instead as it's not hugely further that way round.