Finally fit for chuffing

Featured Posts

Hope I have put this in the right section - sorry if not.

Finally we have been told our Lister engine is fit for cruising and not going to billow out black smoke behind us!!!! I know if a lister engine does not smoke there is something wrong but this was seriously taking the micheal...... :lol:

Tomorrow we are going to take her on a pub run with the family to test her. This is 3 weeks before she is due to move north for the summer. So i'm hoping like hell that things will finally be sorted, as this has been getting steadly worse over the last few years and no one could give us an reason.

From Uxbridge - 4 locks up about 2 1/2 hours there and a pub lunch and back. Can't wait to be back on the water again even if it is just for one day.

Bring on the suntan oil and break out the beer and wine - Grand Union here I come!

Mrs Panda :(

Hi Janet,

The day was good, really hot could not have asked for better. Stopped at the pub called the coy carp which could not cope with the amount of people that was there, but our food was good, and so was the wine.

Boat is not so good...... the amount of comments we had about the smoke was quite embarrassing. We have been given some more ideas from various people at the locks we went through. Family conference tomorrow night as to what to do next! (it's a family boat)

005.jpg

We are hoping to moor for the summer around the Venetian Marina, Cholmondeston. Which is on the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch) - that's if they sort the engine out in time!

Mrs Panda

Hi Janet,

The day was good, really hot could not have asked for better. Stopped at the pub called the coy carp which could not cope with the amount of people that was there, but our food was good, and so was the wine.

Boat is not so good...... the amount of comments we had about the smoke was quite embarrassing. We have been given some more ideas from various people at the locks we went through. Family conference tomorrow night as to what to do next! (it's a family boat)

005.jpg

We are hoping to moor for the summer around the Venetian Marina, Cholmondeston. Which is on the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch) - that's if they sort the engine out in time!

Mrs Panda

Pleased to see the boat not emitting the noxious fumes this weekend after surgery !!

Glad I could point you in the right direction

:)

Pleased to see the boat not emitting the noxious fumes this weekend after surgery !!

Glad I could point you in the right direction

:)

Were you the fella that has spoken to my father in law on the phone and recommended Denham deep boats. He is excellent - what service!!!

If you are we are all eternally thankful to you. We have been trying to sort this problem out all winter and 2 days at Denham and we have been told it runs like a dream!

Myself and Mr Panda will be going up to her Friday eve for the weekend so we will see for ourselves. It will be such a relief as this has been getting worse over the last 4 years and no one has been able to help us.

Many, many thanks :help:

May be see you at the weekend

Mrs Panda

Were you the fella that has spoken to my father in law on the phone and recommended Denham deep boats. He is excellent - what service!!!

If you are we are all eternally thankful to you. We have been trying to sort this problem out all winter and 2 days at Denham and we have been told it runs like a dream!

Myself and Mr Panda will be going up to her Friday eve for the weekend so we will see for ourselves. It will be such a relief as this has been getting worse over the last 4 years and no one has been able to help us.

Many, many thanks :)

May be see you at the weekend

Mrs Panda

Indeed I am ! I will be at Denham deep most of Saturday but we did meet last weekend on the lockside !!

Roger is a very old friend of ours and good at what he does

Baldock is currently on his workshop mooring after refixing a broken engine mounting leg !

mind you we tend to stop there a lot !! ( something to do with beer !!)