Wot a rip off

Maverick

Featured Posts

Why the hell are engine bits so expensive for boats compared to cars? Is everyone connected with the marine industry out to rip us off.

My raw water pump has a drip coming from it. Price for a new one £245 + Vat. How does that compare with a car pump for £30

And why does it have to be Brass??? Im not going to polish it and hang it next to my bloody bell.

The farty things no more than 3" in size and is a straightforward bloody pump.

The man on the Jabasco website was very helpful in emailing me the part number but I couldnt find a price or picture of a repair kit despite him including a number for this also. Dont even know if a repair kit would do the job.

Sometimes I wish I'd just stuck to my little cruiser.

Moan over ----- Robbing Ba*****s

Agree entirely regarding the rip off thing.....however before rushing out to buy a new one, I'm fairly sure I've read you can buy a kit, or take the shaft out and turn it round.

Don't have any experience of this myself, but have a good read......and I'm sure others with experience will tell you what to do.

Why the hell are engine bits so expensive for boats compared to cars? Is everyone connected with the marine industry out to rip us off.

My raw water pump has a drip coming from it. Price for a new one £245 + Vat. How does that compare with a car pump for £30

And why does it have to be Brass??? Im not going to polish it and hang it next to my bloody bell.

The farty things no more than 3" in size and is a straightforward bloody pump.

The man on the Jabasco website was very helpful in emailing me the part number but I couldnt find a price or picture of a repair kit despite him including a number for this also. Dont even know if a repair kit would do the job.

Sometimes I wish I'd just stuck to my little cruiser.

Moan over ----- Robbing Ba*****s

It's partly to do with economies of scale - not many of this type of pump are produced compared to car pumps - and partly it's simply to do with the word "boat" which when mentioned seems to quadruple the price of everything!

Edited by blackrose

Hi ive always used Cleghorn Waring for jabsco parts, ive put a link to the jabsco page off their site below, hope this helps.

http://www.jabscoshop.com/category.asp?ls=...FF5AF&id=29

Thanks Glynn, thats where I got my prices from.

Agree entirely regarding the rip off thing.....however before rushing out to buy a new one, I'm fairly sure I've read you can buy a kit, or take the shaft out and turn it round.

Don't have any experience of this myself, but have a good read......and I'm sure others with experience will tell you what to do.

Anybody out there know where I can buy a kit??? Couldnt find one on the jabsco site

Do you have the part no for the pump its normally on the front plate.

Cant see it without removing the pump first. Heres the e-mail I received of jabsco. found the pump on there website but no spares kit or price for a spares kit.

Dear Sir

I think the pump model is 29450-1101 spares are available on the site.

This unit has a lip seal, whether you need to replace just the seal or

the whole pump depends on the state of the shaft under the seal. If the

shaft is grooved then a new pump is the best option. A new pump would be

29450-1701

Regards

Jon Paterson

JABSCOshop.com