Moorings Central Milton Keynes - Any Avalible ( Short Term )

Saffa

Featured Posts

This is a long shot but does anyone know of, or have an offside/end of Garden mooring with water available in Central Milton Keynes ( Nearish Hospital ) available for rent. I have tried the Marina but they are unable to accommodate us.

We would require this for around 6-8 weeks and have a 65ft boat.

As a separate question I did look at a site but it was unsuitable. The owner said we would have to contact CRT about paying them a mooring fee. I understand that under normal circumstances we would be able to purchase an annual mooring permit from CRT for an end of Garden Mooring but are we able to purchase a short term permit?

Thank you

There are a few offside/end of garden moorings just north of the bridge by the marina, don't know who owns them but the marina might.

Visitor moorings just south north of Fenny Stratford lock have I believe been designated winter moorings this year, water and elsan at the Lock. Maybe CRT will let you have one for two months.

Willowbridge marina, own by same family as MK marina has online and garden moorings. willowbridgemarina.co.uk 01908 643242

Try and speak to the owner if there is a medic reason for being at the hospital, he is a good guy and sure he will hel if he can

Good luck

Edited by Graham.m

Seems I am wrong about Fenny Stratford moorings being winter moorings this year

I believe that despite the large number of CC-ers in the Milton Keynes area, CRT have provided no fixed location moorings anywhere in the MK area.

From memory the nearest are at Cosgrove to the North or Stoke Hammond to the South.

We have recently given up a secure permanent mooring at Fenny, but that was only for 40 feet, and a tight fit, so no way your boat could fit it. Talking to Ros Rothwell might find you some option though, I'm not sure.

There are permanent moorings at Black Horse in Great Linford - there is, I believe, room available for about a 60' boat, but it is on an annual basis so probably no good for the original query.

Rox Rothwell, as mentioned above, is a good place to start any MK mooring query (for C&RT moorings)

We found Miss Rothwell most approachable and helpful when we had a mooring requirement last year. Give her a ring and explain what you require. It probably would not be appropriate for me to cite her work phone number on here, but I think you can find it quite easily on the Internet.

We have recently given up a secure permanent mooring at Fenny, but that was only for 40 feet, and a tight fit, so no way your boat could fit it. Talking to Ros Rothwell might find you some option though, I'm not sure.

Allan, Now would that mooring have been on the offside just north of the lock. We used to moor Naiad then Clarence on the CRT moorings just under the railways bridge.

Hope Roz can help or get permission for a long overstay on the nearside moorings for Saffa