still don,nt get how to post photos

14skipper

Featured Posts

Ok thanks, the picture should upload because the max size is 10MB. Can you do a screenshot of the error message and send it to sitecrew@canalworld.net (if you can't post the screenshot here). You should be able to upload pics directly to the site, Photobucket (or any other picture hosting site) is no longer needed.

I do it, from windows explorer, by going right click - send to - email and then choosing an option.

This then generates an email with compressed attachments.

You need to save the files somewhere, making sure you do not overwrite the full size versions.

There are other image processing programs that will enable you to choose compression when saving JPGs.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

how do l do that ?

And how to insert them in a forum discussion ?

Go into you picture editor and search for "re size image" On my proramme it is in "Batch Process" which can be brought up by right clicking on the image you wish to reduce.

I use Photobucket (which is a bit of a pain these days) but I believe there is a way you can load them directly, but I can never find it!!

Edited by David Schweizer

The way I do it (Windows 7 computer) is to right click on the picture file (eg in windows explorer) then select Edit, to launch "Paint" which is part of Windows 7. Then click "Resize" on its menu at the top, and put something like 25% in the resize box, ensuring that "maintain aspect ratio" is ticked. Then I save it as a JPG but change the filename (ie to keep the original full size image). 25% is just a typical number which reduces a photo taken with a modern digital camera, which is quite high resolution, to a size which is lower but still absolutely fine on a typical computer screen.

post-25013-0-87882900-1443194170_thumb.jpgThanks for info ,am using a Mac will this alter how l do things

Use Preview; Tools>Adjust Size....

1000px on the longest edge is good enough for anything

You should be able to upload pics directly to the site, Photobucket (or any other picture hosting site) is no longer needed.

How do you do this without going through the gallery?

post-25013-0-87882900-1443194170_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alenafour

How do you do this without going through the gallery?

You click on 'more reply options' which gives you this

p6IK521.png

Choose the file you wish to attach. Make sure you click on add to post after its uploaded though.

Edited by MJG

A bit off topic, but I have found a nifty website that shows you where a photo was taken (if geo-tagging was switched on in the phone or other device that was used)

http://www.geoimgr.com/

So, for example, I can confirm that Naughty Cal's recent rather fine photo of Torksey lock was indeed taken at that location...

Edited by Scholar Gypsy