3 Month Narrow Boat Cruise

Ken Goodchild

Featured Posts

Hi All, Hopefully I have managed to post this request (new member abd quite useless) I am retiring in 2008 and my wife & I plus 2 small dogs want to cruise for about 3 months. Does anyone have any ideas????? I am open to any suggestions.

many thanks

Kenny G

Edited by Ken Goodchild

Hi All, Hopefully I have managed to post this request (new member abd quite useless) I am retiring in 2008 and my wife & I plus 2 small dogs want to cruise for about 3 months. Does anyone have any ideas????? I am open to any suggestions.

many thanks

Kenny G

3 months? I'd start the engine and set off, see where 3 months can get me (a long way). One thing though, you'll definitely need to take along an experienced freeloader consultant. I know one who only charges food and beer....

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Depends a bit where you're starting from but:

Oxford canal to Thames, up to Lechlade, down to Reading, along Kennet and Avon to Bristol and back, down Thames to Brentford, (along to Little Venice) up the Grand Union & back to the Oxford.

You can get an awful long way in 3 months - depends opn how many pit-stops you take!

Good luck

Jo

many thanks

Kenny G

Have you got a boat?