Really strange?

frahkn

Featured Posts

Moored in the rain at Hawkesbury yesterday I was sorting out the memory card in my camera and taking a few snaps to test the result.

I snapped one of a passing boat which I thought was mooring nearby. It wasn't mooring, it just stopped for a moment so that the steerer could come back, in the rain, to ask me why I had taken the photo.

He was perfectly pleasant about it and seemed happy when I said it had nothing to do with either his, or the boat's merits.

So, why stop and ask?

Of course he may have been someone famous - I wouldn't know anyone except cricketers and 60's rock stars.

(Sorry if this coms out strangely, there seems to be something wrong with my version of the site at the moment).

Frank.

Have had a couple of incidents when boaters have asked why I am taking pictures. The oddest reaction I have had was when taking pictures at Hatton a few tears ago, turned out that he had failed to return his hire boat a few weeks earlier, he was found repainting it on the Oxford canal a short time later.

Tim

We had dinner with the gentleman above, his family and a certain Leslie Phillips. Was a restaurant opening hosted by Henry Dimbleby, son of David. They are a lovely family. Mr Phillips , also lovely made my wife's night when he patted her stern. Wonderful chap .

Oh Lummy! Left hand down a bit!