How long from Brentford to Uxbridge?

Jen_P

Featured Posts

Can anyone please tell me how long it will take to go from Brentford to Uxbridge?
And how many locks are there? I know the section from Brentford to the Hanwell flight but after that it's a mystery!

Are there any good websites that help you work this stuff out? I did google but found nothing really useful.

Half a day - or a whole day taking it steady :)

Apparently the Hanwell flight can sometimes get a bit sticky from rubbish and low pounds but I've never had a problem. Oh and look up and down at Three Bridges (Bridge 205) it's a three-up stack of road, canal and rail bridges. After Hanwell it's relaxed cruising, pass the Slough Arm junction (IIRC it's where they staged the near-collision of Eric Sykes' and Harry Corbett's boats for the 1960's film 'The Bargee'), there's also the BWML Packet Boat Marina with pump out if you need it. After Hanwell, well there's only one more lock before Uxbridge - Cowley lock - with a chance for a cup of tea and a bit of cake above the lock.

LCx

Thank you so much. Those are all helpful replies. It's my first trip out so want to know what I'm letting myself in for.

I was panicking over nothing!

Which side of Packet Boat is Cowley Lock?

I am going to Uxbridge for the boat to be blacked and have to be there by Saturday morning. Planning to leave on Thursday so as to allow myself plenty of time. Wondering about a night (or 2?) moored at Packet Boat? Or if it's better just to go straight to Uxbridge and moor there.

Thank you so much. Those are all helpful replies. It's my first trip out so want to know what I'm letting myself in for.

I was panicking over nothing!

Which side of Packet Boat is Cowley Lock?

I am going to Uxbridge for the boat to be blacked and have to be there by Saturday morning. Planning to leave on Thursday so as to allow myself plenty of time. Wondering about a night (or 2?) moored at Packet Boat? Or if it's better just to go straight to Uxbridge and moor there.

It's a days boating.

Packet Boat is below Cowley lock, there is no meed to go into the Marina as there is lots of towpath mooring opposite.

The pub near Packet Boat is nothing special however the pub at Cowley lock is nice.

If you go straight through to Uxbridge the General Elliott pub opposite the boatyard has just been refirbished (It needed it!)

Tim