inaccurate Mastervolt control panel

magnetman

Featured Posts

One of my chargers is a Mastervolt/Heart Interface charger/inverter. Quite an old one but its a good charger. I use it when off grid as it is 130a and suits the generator nicely.

But. The combined system control panel (mastervolt) is not at all accurate. According to the charger I use when on mains (an old truecharge 20i) the volts now are 13.8-14.2 (a block LED display) and on the combi control panel it says 12.65. Quite a big difference and the digital multimeter agrees with the truecharge display.

Why would a digital meter like the mastervolt combo read so much lower? It's not a problem really but a bit odd.

Voltage drop somewhere?

Are they all reading from the same point, different points may be at different voltages, depending on what and where the points are on the system.

If the charger is reading its voltage at the charger and the Mastervolt is reading at the batteries, then you have a volt drop, not a good thing.

Check all connections are clean and tight.

The Mastervolt panel as inputs from current measuring and also voltage inputs as well

This sounds like one of the voltage inputs has a some resistance

I should have a schematic PM me for the schematic

Keith