shurflo accumulator overhaul.

Featured Posts

I recently had a problem with my accumulator,namely it would not repressurise as the valve seemed to be jammed

Even though it says it is not serviceable I believe anything put together with screws is!!!!

Firstly I loosened the valve off with a 15mm spanner just to release any residual pressure then undid the screws and split the casing.

The "bladder" was then eased out of the groove that it sits in the half casing to allow access to the valve.

The valve has a thick rubber "O" ring around it to seal it in the casing,this was in good condition so was reused.

Giving the valve a sharp tap on the workbench released a small amount of black debris.I followed this up with a good blow through with a foot pump.Reassembly was simply a reversal of the stripping procedure and the accumulator was refitted.

Problem solved,time taken about 30 minutes.

• Greenie 1

I recently had a problem with my accumulator,namely it would not repressurise as the valve seemed to be jammed

Even though it says it is not serviceable I believe anything put together with screws is!!!!

Firstly I loosened the valve off with a 15mm spanner just to release any residual pressure then undid the screws and split the casing.

The "bladder" was then eased out of the groove that it sits in the half casing to allow access to the valve.

The valve has a thick rubber "O" ring around it to seal it in the casing,this was in good condition so was reused.

Giving the valve a sharp tap on the workbench released a small amount of black debris.I followed this up with a good blow through with a foot pump.Reassembly was simply a reversal of the stripping procedure and the accumulator was refitted.

Problem solved,time taken about 30 minutes.

First of all well done for sorting it, I go along your thoughts on servicing things a song as parts are available.

What I do not understand is why it had to be taken apart. Those accumulators that I have seen use an ordinary car type valve assembly so if the Shurflo is like this it should have been possible to use a valve tool to unscrew the core for clearing or to fit a new one.

Fair comment,but as I did not have a spare valve or a removal tool this was my best option.

Besides I am a nosey old beggar and I like to see how things work!!!!!

P.S. Love being described as a junior member as I have just had my 66th birthday!

Fair comment,but as I did not have a spare valve or a removal tool this was my best option.

Besides I am a nosey old beggar and I like to see how things work!!!!!

P.S. Love being described as a junior member as I have just had my 66th birthday!

Again I concur with line two. That's how we learn. keep on with the posts and you will soon get promoted

Edited by Tony Brooks