Boat Names

Ginaa_x

Featured Posts

The best name I saw on a boat was "Canalgesic", an analgesic being something that releives pain, such as an aspirin :)

Another would be " Canalcoholic", which I sums up me and many others on this forum.

Edited to remove a space I didn't put there and change receives back to relieves.

Edited by cuthound

The best name I saw on a boat was "Canalgesic", an analgesic being something that receives pain, such as can aspirin smile.png

Er, not quite, Mr. Hound, an algesic CAUSES pain. An analgesic relieves pain (and not just in the arse as the word suggests).

But yes, it's a good name.

Er, not quite, Mr. Hound, an algesic CAUSES pain. An analgesic relieves pain (and not just in the arse as the word suggests).

But yes, it's a good name.

Blurry spillchucker, it was meant to "analgesic" with a "C" in front of it. Suggesting that the boat relieves your pain.

Blurry spillchucker, it was meant to "analgesic" with a "C" in front of it. Suggesting that the boat relieves your pain.

Yeah, I guessed, and as I said, it is indeed an estimable name!

Some people have not taste or consideration for others. There is a GRP cruiser often mooredat Polesworth with "F*** work. Let's party" emblazoned on the transom. Thankfully the boat name uses asterisks in real life. When taking my 8 year old nephew for a cruise, he said what does that mean.

Quickly thinking on my feet I said it has a home mooring at a place called "F*** Works, and the boats name must be "Lets Party". Fortunately he accepted my explanation.

I thought of renaming my boat Thunderchild as in the War of the Worlds then thought better of it as the Martians sunk her then a year or so back I passed Thunderchild on the Bridgwater canal and thought the name suited that boat better than mine