Hs2 Amendment

Featured Posts

Even GCR got that right...

Rebuilding the GCR of which an awful lot of infrastructure still exists makes a lot of sense - AND it is built to continental loading gauge standards, the only old railway in the UK to have that advantage.

HS2 is a bad idea gone very wrong, rebuilding the GCR is the one they have overlooked.

But he did say "If doing those things was actually that cheap, we would have done them already" which is a valid point.

Might not be cheap but worth it. Amount of money wasted elsewhere could go towards it such as HS2. HS2 will probably cost 100x the amount predicted so far.

But he did say "If doing those things was actually that cheap, we would have done them already" which is a valid point.

Except there are plenty of vested interests with 19th century mindsets pushing for the HS2 and our government hasn't got the vision to look into the future

• Greenie 1

I was delighted when the ticket lady at March station told me that by "splitting" the tickets I could save several pounds on the advertised price, which I duly did.

That's the kind of thing I mean. You could travel the network and the chance of being told you could split a journey by a ticket seller is less than 1 in 10. Most of us want to make a journey from x to y, and sometimes back again at the cheapest price. We don't care if it's a Super Tuesday or a Michaelmass Special or if we book three months ahead and get in quick at 2am we can do an Aberdeen-Penzance return for a fiver so long as we say You Are Mr Ticket and I Claim My Five Pounds. We just want the best price. Rail travel is a public service and a national asset and should not be a game of Snap.