Proposed New Marina At Slapton (Southern Gu)

LEO

Featured Posts

Hi,

I note that after considerable deliberation, including a site visit the local Planning Authority (AVDC) have refused planning consent for this marina.

The developers have the right to appeal.

It did seem a big development with too many berths.

One wonders how long the Ivy clad building by the lock will continue to stand.

L.

Yes,

I tend to agree this one looked well OTT.

That said, I do think it would be no bad thing if a new marina of two were constructed in this area, as currently lack of choice versus overall demand means what do exist can charge very high prices. Try asking about a berth at Grove for a full length boat, for example - it made my eyes water, but as they have a longish waiting list, they can easily get away with it..

Has the marina further south at Ivinghoe been started yet?

As far as I understand the application for the Golf Range has lapsed and would need to be made again.

Yes,

I tend to agree this one looked well OTT.

That said, I do think it would be no bad thing if a new marina of two were constructed in this area, as currently lack of choice versus overall demand means what do exist can charge very high prices. Try asking about a berth at Grove for a full length boat, for example - it made my eyes water, but as they have a longish waiting list, they can easily get away with it..

Have you contacted Pitstone marina, I hear it has just changed hands.

L

Have you contacted Pitstone marina, I hear it has just changed hands.

L

It hasn't just changed hands, I believe, but the trip boats have ended, and are sold off or being sold off. This was a separate business anyway.

I have spoken to them about moorings. These were dependant on new floating pontoons they said would be in place by May, but last time I pssed there was no apparent action on this.

It is potentially cheaper than other pontoon moorings in that area, (Grove or CowRoast), but IIRC not massively cheaper - certainly a great deal more than we are currently paying for a serviced mooring in Northants.

As far as I understand the application for the Golf Range has lapsed and would need to be made again.

As far as I can see in the planning, the extension they obtained runs out this month.

Seems this application is connected to Fenny Marina.

Seems this application is connected to Fenny Marina.

Yes, my understanding is that this is the Dykes family who I believe still own Fenny, and used to own Cow Roast until they somehow managed to sell it to BWML for £££silly£££.

I have not heard any recent updates about status.