Any fuel additive or cleaner I can use while I am servicing BMC 1.5

Mitchellmoxo

Featured Posts

Just putting new oil & filters on my engine, I have run out of fuel once this year and ever since then the engine has needed a lot longer heating the glow plugs up before starting and have had to have the throttle open before starting otherwise it would take ages to start.

Is there any sort of cleaner or remedy I could use maybe to give the engine an internal clean?

BMCs often do need the throttle opening to get them started form cold.

You seem to have a problem that needs sorting so we need to know how much exhaust smoke you get when cranking and trying to start it.

Personally I doubt an additive will solve the starting but it might if you have gummy injectors (but how that fits with running out of fuel I do not know. Any diesel fuel additive will do but seeing your tank is probably two or three times larger than a car tank it may need more than one bottle.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply, yep always needed a little throttle anyway but it just doesn't start as easy as it used to ever since it ran out of fuel that time! I'll try the service tomorrow and see how if it improves I don't suppose it would do any harm by putting an additive in!

• 2 months later...