Huddersfield Broad and Narrow, A&C Nav & Leeds &Liverpool Canal

husky

Featured Posts

Wonderfull trip.We have done H.N.C. and Leeds and Liverpool easily in 4 weeks and that included several diversions. A few random observations.Dunham Massey Town Bridge is a good mooring on the Bridgewater(pub and Dunham Massey Hall) Moore on the Bridgewater(Walk across a field to the Red Lion.)Popular pub at Anderton with a mooring at the end of the garden. H.N.C. is my favorit canal.Do not understand why it is not more popular.Never had a problem bookiing the tunnel.If in doubt check the size of your boat carefully. CaRT can be a bit cautious about clearances.Not much to see at Diggle,but a good Fish and Chips.Marsden is a nice small town. As has been said ,make an early start from Leeds(or vice versa) Strongly recomend waiting for another boat before the 2 locks above Wigan(cant remember the name).Then go down together,Dont stop before Cape Locks on the Bridgewater.If I think of anything else I will post.

I'll bow to Mac's greater experience, he's probably done the Huddersfield more times than anyone on this forum, but I'd have to ask which canals does he think are more difficult to navigate?

Actually that question's probably worthy of a thread of its own...

Wonderfull trip.We have done H.N.C. and Leeds and Liverpool easily in 4 weeks and that included several diversions. A few random observations.Dunham Massey Town Bridge is a good mooring on the Bridgewater(pub and Dunham Massey Hall) Moore on the Bridgewater(Walk across a field to the Red Lion.)Popular pub at Anderton with a mooring at the end of the garden. H.N.C. is my favorit canal.Do not understand why it is not more popular.Never had a problem bookiing the tunnel.If in doubt check the size of your boat carefully. CaRT can be a bit cautious about clearances.Not much to see at Diggle,but a good Fish and Chips.Marsden is a nice small town. As has been said ,make an early start from Leeds(or vice versa) Strongly recomend waiting for another boat before the 2 locks above Wigan(cant remember the name).Then go down together,Dont stop before Cape Locks on the Bridgewater.If I think of anything else I will post.

Where are the 2 locks above Wigan? And Cape locks on the Bridgewater?

Sorry,should not make a post after the single malt. What I meant was stop at the top of the Wigan flight and wait for another boat.This location seemed safe when we stopped there. Ditto comment about stopping.I meant the Dover lock on the L&L(which is now on a level)

4 weeks ! I joined west HNC on 20th may now just passed Keighly done some wonderful exploring .

had a lovely trip from Leeds lovely area no sign of trouble .