Stoke Bruerne Canal Festival

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

Stoke Bruerne Canal Festival in 2 weeks, 13th & 14th June. How far away will I likely have to moor?

Also they mention a booking form, with a £15 entrance fee, but apparently that doesnt get you a reserved mooring. So it seems I can apparently moor up as a general boater who just happens to be passing through, or I can pay £15 & still moor in the same spot I would as a general boater who doesnt need to pay. It is confusing. I have rang both phone numbers on the booking form but no answer, presumably they're at work.

I just want to attend (by boat), probably arrive Friday night, & leave Sunday mid day.

Stoke Bruerne Canal Festival in 2 weeks, 13th & 14th June. How far away will I likely have to moor?

Also they mention a booking form, with a £15 entrance fee, but apparently that doesnt get you a reserved mooring. So it seems I can apparently moor up as a general boater who just happens to be passing through, or I can pay £15 & still moor in the same spot I would as a general boater who doesnt need to pay. It is confusing. I have rang both phone numbers on the booking form but no answer, presumably they're at work.

I just want to attend (by boat), probably arrive Friday night, & leave Sunday mid day.

They were operating a similar " *** arrangement ***" last year. I just turned up, moored on the 7 day moorings.

Edited by DeanS
edited the *** wording****

Paying the attendance fee has always guaranteed a spot on the moorings in the long pound in the past, although maybe not a spot specifically made out as your own.

I would be surprised though if you could not moor in the (rest of) the long pound anyway, if you arrive in advance of the event.

Most of the moorings between the museum green and the tunnel are usually reserved for the historic boats, and the trading boats, and if you moor there you will probably be asked to move for the festival itself, although even there all the space towards the tunnel is not always used, and they try and allocate a bit of space for passing hire boats that were not expecting any mooring restrictions.