Red & Green Boat - No Name - Wolverton

1st ade

Featured Posts

If you own, or know who owns, a red and green boat with no name you might want to go and look at it. It's between bridge 69 and the Galleon Pub and secured only (and not very well) by the centre line.

Earlier it was totally adrift, it has been re-secured as well as possible (not by me) but there is only one mooring spike visible - there are half a dozen "tent pegs" on the back deck which might just secure a dinghy but not a full size boat.Wolverton.jpg

If the owner PM's me I'll try and give updates whilst dog walking.

Mrs 1st Ade has been past today with Ollie the dog and reports that the boat is called "The Phyliss Lillian".

Obviously not named by someone who might have to be called by VHF Radio one day; 'I Spell, Papa Hotel Yankee Lima India Siera Siera Lima India ...'

• 2 weeks later...

Sad end to the story; we'd kept an eye on the boat every time we passed in case it broke loose. Yesterday we noticed that it had been moved 30 yards, re-secured (still with one pin) and the curtains were drawn.

This morning Mrs 1st Ade walked past and found the owners on the phone to the police - property stolen and boat interior trashed.

Owners said they had suffered mechanical failure some weeks ago, hence leaving boat where they did.

Yes - same area - name of Puffin.

Not much consolation to the owner but we were able to tie the Puffin break in to a 12 hour period - we passed it one morning and it was OK, the same evening we walked past and saw the owner and two PCSO's - gave the police my contact details.

Perils of leaving boats long term on towpath but I suppose it saves money ? until the local scroats become aware.

Did you miss post No 6?

The boat was broken down apparently. Or are you of the view that that was just an excuse for a bit of mild CMing?

Perils of leaving boats long term on towpath but I suppose it saves money ? until the local scroats become aware.

It's not much safer in a marina or when the boat pops out for a trip. It's a good job there are plenty of live aboard/ CC'ers to keep an eye on your boat while you are away from it!

Edited by bassplayer

No but you do feel for the owners.. I know we can't always be around our possessions. But still. There is a 55 footer near here that is in good nick, but seems to be going down by the stern. No name. I'm thinking I should report to someone (who) before it sinks. I have to take horse out later I'll go and have a proper look

It's on the river Ouse at the back of my house

Edited by larkshall

No but you do feel for the owners.. I know we can't always be around our possessions. But still. There is a 55 footer near here that is in good nick, but seems to be going down by the stern. No name. I'm thinking I should report to someone (who) before it sinks. I have to take horse out later I'll go and have a proper look

It's on the river Ouse at the back of my house

If nobody is there report it to CRT or EA ASAP with the boat number. They might have records to phone or emaIl the owner.

Yes, I do feel for the owners, it's every boaters nightmare.