Nobels Wiring

Plonk

Featured Posts

Hi all,

In theory my Bow Thruster should work. All looks ok now and no sign of burning (solonoid's were siezed). Before I apply test current I would like a little advice please.

I have a (large) live feed and negative feed from the battery and two feeds to the solonoids (small), presumably left and right thrust.

As the thruster hasn't worked since I owned the boat and attempts to get it working were made by the previous owner I would like to check I have the wiring right. I also removed the back plate on the motor to check the brushes and untill I refitted it I foolishly didn't realise I had a choice of 2 positions it could fit.

The negative earth goes to one of the large terminals on the back of the motor. Is it the one close to the small terminal or the other one? which one attaches to the long copper solid connector bar? also, the small 3rd terminal on the back plate I beleive attaches to a wire that goes to the terminal block and then attaches to nothing. what is it for. At the moment the common earth from the solonoids attaches to the large negative feed to the back of the motor.

Also it looks like the positive feed should go to the top outer buzz bar between the outer contacts.

Any advice, wiring diagrames pictures etc would be much appreciated. I have no wiring diagram.

Thanks.

Pat.

Hi all,

In theory my Bow Thruster should work. All looks ok now and no sign of burning (solonoid's were siezed). Before I apply test current I would like a little advice please.

I have a (large) live feed and negative feed from the battery and two feeds to the solonoids (small), presumably left and right thrust.

As the thruster hasn't worked since I owned the boat and attempts to get it working were made by the previous owner I would like to check I have the wiring right. I also removed the back plate on the motor to check the brushes and untill I refitted it I foolishly didn't realise I had a choice of 2 positions it could fit.

The negative earth goes to one of the large terminals on the back of the motor. Is it the one close to the small terminal or the other one? which one attaches to the long copper solid connector bar? also, the small 3rd terminal on the back plate I beleive attaches to a wire that goes to the terminal block and then attaches to nothing. what is it for. At the moment the common earth from the solonoids attaches to the large negative feed to the back of the motor.

Also it looks like the positive feed should go to the top outer buzz bar between the outer contacts.

Any advice, wiring diagrames pictures etc would be much appreciated. I have no wiring diagram.

Thanks.

Pat.

I'm working entirely from memory having taken Odana's BT to bits a couple of weeks back, so I can't answer all of your questions, will be able to give more info when I go back to reassemble it next week.

However, I do remember the third small terminal on the backplate. I'm pretty sure that's the sensor for the overheat warning. It's connected to the centre terminal in the choc-block connector. On Peckham Poppy it goes no further and the overheat light is non-functional. There's a second small wire from the back of the motor, attached to the big earth terminal. That goes to a tag on one of the solenoids and there's a second wire that links the solenoids to earth the other one.

More info next week.

MP.

Thanks folks,

That definitely helps. If the little terminal is a sensor which is not connected then i guess the position of the back plate is uninportant. All the other bits seem prety foolproof(I think!)

also the wiring diagram shows the input to the top bar as suspected. I will give it a test.

Edited by Plonk