K&A again

spadefoot

Featured Posts

CRT bods peering into it. Meanwhile, I wandered up to the next lock and cleared the well-clogged bywash. Nice to be floating again. Lock66 def appears to be damaged though so might have to be closed for repairs apparently. Watch this space.

Oh no! I was looking forward to going to Fobney. Potters Lock seems back to normal now although CRT van lurking in the lane nearby.

No one looks forward to going to Fobney. People look forward to getting past Fobney!

Kennet & Avon Canal
Starts At: Lock 66, Potters Lock
Ends At: Lock 66, Potters Lock
Up Stream Winding Hole: Above Potters Lock
Down Stream Winding Hole: Below lock 68

Monday 13 April 2015 16:00 until Thursday 16 April 2015 16:00

Type: Navigation Restriction
Reason: Structure failure

Half an hour ago. Well 2 days late this arrived in me inbox;

Due to damage to the top gates, the lock will be closed overnight on Monday13th April. Assisted passage will be avalable through the lock at 11am on Tuesday 14th, & Thursday 16th April, also 8pm on Wednesday 15th. Repairs will be undertaken on the 15th April, with a planned re-opening time of 4pm

You can view this notice and its map online here:
https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/2839/potters-lock-66

You can find all notices at the url below:
https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices

Any update on Fobney... Need to pop down to the Thames next week. I bet the hire companies aren't too pleased. Signs displayed at Sonning earlier this week. Embarrassing for C&RT . I would have thought ( without any detail ATM)

Thanks . Unfortunately post numbers dont show in my phone but using the old fashioned tech and both hands I came to the post about finished fettling. I had assumed ( we all know how bad that is ) that spadefoot was talking about Potters Lock.

Good news.

Paul

Edited by kremmen