Conkers don't work

Daftmare

Featured Posts

On inspection this weekend we have 2 rather large new residents aboard Wanda and as we haven't installed Mr G on board yet we are at risk of being caught in one of their webs and being eaten alive.

Learn to appreciate what remarkable little creatures they are. The first time that you open your boat's front doors on a sunlit morning and see the marvellous silky web which they have spun overnight, you're sure to change your view of spiders.

(As I have been telling Mrs. Athy for some years but I don't think that she is totally convinced yet).

Hello, OP here.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against spiders, and happy to have some on board and I love the webs they weave and the flies that they catch and all that stuff.

Just love my curtains too, and want to dissuade them from certain parts of the boat if possible.

However, at the very least you have all helped me appreciate there are far more uses for conkers than I originally envisaged, so thank you for that :)

Jo.

Learn to appreciate what remarkable little creatures they are. The first time that you open your boat's front doors on a sunlit morning and see the marvellous silky web which they have spun overnight, you're sure to change your view of spiders.

You may change it again after being first down the passageway in the morning to get the tea and walk into all the webs (always at face height) that have been spun overnight!! (Try not to think what else might be in the web as you collect it).

You may change it again after being first down the passageway in the morning to get the tea and walk into all the webs (always at face height) that have been spun overnight!! (Try not to think what else might be in the web as you collect it).

No, that changes their opinion of us.

I spent all night weaving that blasted web and what does he do? Shoves his bloomin' face through it, I've got to start all over again now....and those two flies wot I was saving for breakfast are stuck in his beard...bloody 'umans.