SR2 TO ST2 CONVERSION

Ron m

Featured Posts

Sounds good where abuts are you located & what price are you thinking of ?

Do you know the internal diameter of the ring gear with a tape measure the lip on the st is 13.5 inches .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris sorry for the delay in replying, the flywheel worked great, the problem now is that it is clockwise rotation at the flywheel end & the gearbox I have is a Hurth for a marine st2 which is anticlockwise & the hurth wont run backwards as it wont engage the plates,

Regards Ron

Hi Chris sorry for the delay in replying, the flywheel worked great, the problem now is that it is clockwise rotation at the flywheel end & the gearbox I have is a Hurth for a marine st2 which is anticlockwise & the hurth wont run backwards as it wont engage the plates,

Regards Ron

Many Hurth models can have the rotation reversed, it does involve dismantling the box but AIUI no new parts.

Tim

I was thinking about this ,It looks as if you turn the selector hub round the balls are being driven the opposite way & that will reverse the direction of the servo action. I looked in the parts list & there is no mention of different parts for different rotation. Does anyone know if this can be done.

I have stripped it down once to put new bearings & seals in as it had been in seawater for a while & to strip it again would not be a problem

• 5 months later...

Just an update to everyone who posted, ST2 now fitted & running with a big improvement in performance as expected but the exhaust is rather smokey so I think it is going to be heads off & injectors serviced. thanks for all your help.

Ron

• Greenie 1

Just an update to everyone who posted, ST2 now fitted & running with a big improvement in performance as expected but the exhaust is rather smokey so I think it is going to be heads off & injectors serviced. thanks for all your help.

Ron

Well done