Tacho

ROBDEN

Featured Posts

Very early devices working on this principle seemed to also sense mechanical noise and diesel knock in some cases. However since then they are in common use in the repair trade. Possibly an alternator sensed one would be more accurate on on or noisy engines.

Although it does not apply to our typical engines I wonder how it plays with electronic injection systems that produces one or more pilot injections per cycle.

At least it should be more reliable than some of the needle types with hour counter we often use.

I have one on a Camping car(Motor Home) The clamp around the injector pipe type fitted to a 2.5 Turbo mechanical fuel pump Fiat motor, has worked fault free for the last 5years, some 110,000 KM"s Only minor criticism, the up date of revs lag slightly behind actual revs if you accelerate hard but wouldn't think this would be an issue with a boat motor if that is your intended use. My set up Is wired through the key start unit.