rules for "bridge hopping" with a home mooring

FidoDido

Featured Posts

Doesn't read like a joke.

I thought that the little ninja face indicated that it wasn't serious, maybe I should have used a sarcasm tag.

The "if you need to question the rules you must be taking the piss" argument gets trotted out every time there is a discussion on the distance a CCer needs to travel. Now one of the people that is so fond of it is having to question things himself...

When did you make that one up.

Doing 10 miles a month in one direction and turning round in Birmingham would give you almost 3 years cruising if you did the Aylesbury.

I didn't make it up. Others did that, when having a pop at CC'rs who CCed (or bridge hopped) on the K&A (or other canals) and complained about BW harassing them.

Now that CRT are are dealing with those who bridge hop whilst never, or rarely, returning to the home mooring, they cry wolf.

• Greenie 1

Hugely interesting discussion. I am not trialled ny this issue. However, I feel that CRT are looking for an easy win where the judge has little option but to rule in favour of CRT. I am wholly law obiding, at least on spirit! However, let's make sure they have a difficult case. Whatever the result, I doubt it will set a precedent on its own given the potential variables.