Non Tidal Thames Threat !

Serenity Malc

Featured Posts

Oh well, if you've checked I suppose either it must have changed or I must have got it wrong. We've not been charged in the last year, but perhaps we got away with something we shouldn't have - lucky us!

If it's a free mooring above Teddington you're (or anyone else is) after, I recommend the park opposite Kingston riverside. It's managed by HRP and is free for the first 24 hours and £5 per 24 hours thereafter. It's a short cruise down to Teddington to catch the tide window, maybe 45 minutes :)

as long as you pay £5 per night, is there a limit on how long you can stay?

Edited to add 2014 prices in lieu of 2013 prices

Last year most property sales in Richmond Upon Thames involved flats which sold for on average £452,472.

Terraced properties sold for an average price of £820,308,

While semi-detached properties fetched £1,047,417.

Richmond Upon Thames, with an overall average price of £744,291 was more expensive than nearby Kingston upon Thames (£479,746), Merton (£548,502) and Wandsworth (£677,935).

The priciest area within Richmond Upon Thames was Petersham (£1,759,801) and the least expensive was Hanworth (£271,514).

During the last year, sold prices in Richmond Upon Thames were 15% up on the previous year and 27% up on 2012 when the average house price was £586,205.

Absolutely not condoning those who twist and bend every rule just to benefit themselves, but given the above figures, doesn't seem as if the boats around the Richmond area are having a negative effect on house prices! Edited by Hawthorn
  • Greenie 1

as long as you pay £5 per night, is there a limit on how long you can stay?

The warden there is super helpful - I arranged with him to stay for a week once, when we were swapping over boats on our mooring. I'll PM you his number if you need it :) He lives on site, and will pin a note to overstaying boats, with his number attached so you can make arrangements to pay up!

So thats £150 per month...

not bad for a Thames mooring.

Not for me though. I quite like the river where I am. :-)

Yes but the locals in the town on a Saturday night can be a bit testing.......

I'm told that Mondays can be of particular amusement ..... or worry ..... due to it being student night in the town of Kingston. Many recent anecdotes regarding a number of drunken students jumping onto the roofs of boats moored on the south bank.

Serenity Malc.

I'm told that Mondays can be of particular amusement ..... or worry ..... due to it being student night in the town of Kingston. Many recent anecdotes regarding a number of drunken students jumping onto the roofs of boats moored on the south bank.

Luctors mooring is 200miles away from there.

The warden there is super helpful - I arranged with him to stay for a week once, when we were swapping over boats on our mooring. I'll PM you his number if you need it smile.png He lives on site, and will pin a note to overstaying boats, with his number attached so you can make arrangements to pay up!

You're perfectly correct Dekazer ........ he's a fine chap who will get to know everyone who dares to moor on Her Majesty's lawns. From Kingston Bridge to Hampton Court.